OTB Cloud is a Desktop as a Service (DaaS) solution. Instead of installing and maintaining a local area network (LAN) with a file server and workstations in your office, OTB Cloud enables you to host your file and application servers, virtual workstations, MS Office and Outlook, legal and other applications, plus all of your data in a secure data center that you access via the Internet. OTB Cloud is provided on a per user, per month subscription basis by legal technology experts OTB Consulting in conjunction with GetCloud Services, a leading cloud computer service provider.
OTB Cloud, powered by our hosting partner GetCloudServices, hosts everything you currently use today in your office – all your programs and applications, all your files and folders – in a remote, highly secure data center using the most recent and high end computer equipment. Instead of hosting a server in your office, your server is in the cloud.
- Low to no up-front capital expenditure purchasing and maintaining expensive hardware, operating systems, and standard office software including Microsoft Office, Outlook for email, anti-virus, spam and malware software, and backup software and services.
- Monthly payment, on a per user basis that can be quickly scaled up or down, helps you manage cash flow and better budget your IT expenses.
- Your applications, files, and data are available to you anytime, anywhere, from any device.
- Internet security that you can count on – includes Internet security measures like an enterprise grade firewall, data and password encryption, geographical redundancy provides failover protection with data centers in Florida and Kentucky protecting you from natural and man-made disaster protection. None of your data resides outside the U.S., as most state bar ethical guidelines require.
- In almost all instances, applications of all types running on the OTB Cloud will be faster and more fault tolerant in that in a premise-based computer network – meaning that most speed and fault issues are is eliminated.
- Turnkey support and maintenance – your monthly fee covers ongoing maintenance of the hardware, operating system, and software; as well as a multiple daily backups of your data. With 24/7/365 support, and 99.99% uptime, you don’t have to worry about delays in getting assistance about losing your valuable data.
- You have complete confidentiality with your firm’s and clients’ data. No one can access your data without your password(s).
- If you are considering “moving to the cloud” and are evaluating Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions as the way to get there, you should evaluate OTB Cloud to see if it is the right alternative for you. OTB understands the allure of the cloud, but also recognizes that the SaaS/Cloud-based applications aren’t as powerful and robust as the more mature desktop legal applications. With OTB Cloud you can have both – the more mature and robust desktop legal applications in the Cloud using OTB Cloud.
Give us a call 919-677-1415 to schedule a one-hour appointment to review your existing system, arrange for a live demo, and plan the roll-out.
Video from our hosting partner, GetCloudServices: