A common criticism of Time Matters is that it is such a comprehensive and robust product that it takes too much time and money to customize for a firm’s specific use. OTB has learned over the past two decades of working with law firms that all litigation law firms operate differently, even though they often don’t think they do. These differences relate to jurisdictional differences, sub-practice area differences, case volume differences, and most often and simply personal differences in how a law practice should be run.
While it is fair to conclude from these differences that no one solution will fit all litigation law firms, OTB has also learned that it is possible to customize Time Matters with core functionality that will fit the practice of almost all litigation firms. And, that is exactly what OTB’s Litigation Practice Area Template does … provide firms with 60%-80% of the customization they need, delivered at an unbeatable price, leaving them with a budget to complete the remaining customization that might be needed. At $125 per seat (in addition to installation charges, which vary depending on whether you’ve been using Time Matters and already have a lot of customization that we have to work around), you will have the benefit of the experience and expertise of Time Matters’ top consultants, packaged into a user-friendly and efficient Template that will save you thousands of dollars compared to starting from scratch…and, even if you paid thousands, you wouldn’t get anywhere near this level of detail.
For example, a 10-person firm new to Time Matters can purchase and have installed the Litigation Practice Template for around $3,000. An attempt to have Time Matters customized from scratch to provide similar functionality would easily cost high five figures, probably more. And, it isn’t likely you would come close to the functionality that is available with our Practice Area Templates for a fraction of the cost.
Contact us for a of our Litigation Practice Template, and see how it can help you get up and running with Time Matters, right “Out of the Box.”
The Litigation PAT provides customizations for the following practice areas:
- Personal Injury – PI cases of all types – auto, premises liability, medical malpractice, wrongful death, mass tort, etc. It can handle cases with a few parties, or hundreds.
- General Litigation – litigation of all types, but typically non-personal injury cases like contract or business litigation.
- Insurance Defense – customized for the handling of cases for the defense – Insurance Defense and otherwise. The customization includes fields for handling insurance carriers, adjusters, defense-side workers comp and more.
- Workers Compensation – claimant-side workers’ comp, customized to handle issues that are specific to workers comp and different from personal injury.
- Criminal and DUI Law – from the defense side, manages all the information in a high-volume criminal defense practice, including basic flat fee charges and balances, criminal charges and dispositions, plea negotiations history, and much more.
- Family Law – in addition to the general litigation aspects, covers family law issues such as marital/community property.
Regardless of the nature of your practice, you will find the following common components:
• Case Intake
• Action List and Power Views
• Customized Data Entry Forms
• Document Tracking System
• Damages Control Center
• Settlement and Negotiation Tracking
• “What if?” Settlement Calculator
• Deposition and Subpoena Management
• Task Delegation System
• Referral Management
• Case Closure
Don’t settle for using Time Matters without customization. Don’t risk investing a substantial amount of time and money with the hope that you get it the way you want it at the end. Instead, order the OTB Litigation Practice Template and get a proven system, at an incredible value, developed by attorney/consultants who are leaders in the Time Matters community.