Lawyers and financial services professionals generate and receive large numbers of documents – tax documents, agreements, wills, pleadings, discovery, briefs, memos, correspondence, incorporation documents, and the like. More importantly, they spend several hours each day trying to manage the overwhelming amount of email they send and receive. Searching for documents and email is one of largest wastes of time in a law practice or financial services firm. The best way to recapture that wasted time is to use a Document and Email Management System or “DMS/EMS” to ensure that you can quickly save, locate and retrieve the documents and email you need.
Give us a call at 919-677-1415 and ask for Tom … he’ll be glad to discuss your DMS/EMS options. OTB Consulting has provided DMS services to law firms and financial services firms for over 20 years. We’ve set up systems that have managed in excess of 60 million documents and email. We recommend and support two types of DMS:
NetDocuments users associate a matter-centric profile to each document. Associating metadata like matter, document type, author, and/or typist to each document enables NetDocuments users to quickly retrieve documents and email by searching for, as an example:
- all the letters in the Jones case authored by TLR
- a statement for a particular year from a particular broker
- all the email sent and received in a particular transaction or matter by anyone in the firm
- the memorandum of law you wrote five years ago about sovereign immunity
- all the documents related to the Jones’ tax returns for 2015
- the email sent last year by a particular person, with a word document attached
- … and other similar searches.
For law and financial service firms looking for what we call a “traditional DMS/EMS,” NetDocuments brings the power and advantage of the cloud to DMS/EMS, and makes it the product of choice.
The LPMS DMS/EMS aren’t closed systems – you can’t require users to use the system – and they lack some of the fancier features that the standalone systems offer. But, OTB has hundreds of law firms that find this “all-in-one” solution to be a sound investment that provides a strong return.